Hong Kong has also entered into a double taxation agreement with its trading partners to provide double taxation to Hong Kong investors and businesses. For more information, please visit the Home Revenue Department website. Australia has a number of bilateral aging agreements with other countries. Here we will find details of the agreements that Australia currently has, including: Here you will find information on international tax treaties for residents and non-residents of Australia. We have included general information on tax treaties, other international tax agreements and bilateral supernuation agreements. No no. At face value, this is a theoretical risk of double taxation. However, Australia is likely to allow foreign income tax compensation for taxes paid on Hong Kong income, and Hong Kong does not tax income from non-Hong Kong sources. As a result, the real risk of double taxation for Australian residents working in Hong Kong is low.

A tax treaty is also called a tax treaty or double taxation agreement (DBA). They prevent double taxation and tax evasion and promote cooperation between Australia and other international tax authorities by enforcing their respective tax laws. Tax treaties are formal bilateral agreements between two jurisdictions. Australia has tax agreements with more than 40 jurisdictions. While the labour income of people normally residing in a country with which Australia has a double tax agreement may already be exempted in Australia, the additional ATO instructions will extend this facility to people from non-partner countries such as Hong Kong. In addition, there is no time limit on the facilities granted by the ATO as long as individuals intend to return to their usual country of employment as soon as possible after the end of the COVID 19 crisis. Australia`s superannuation is complex at best, but it is superimposed on a population of international mobile employees and most employers on uncharted territory. Guarantee obligations for employers must be carefully considered not only for long-term emigrants who have come to work in Australia, but also for short-term business travellers who temporarily reside in Australia because of COVID-19.